Want to know how to make your pizza healthy without doing too much effort? Keep on reading then.
Most people think about pizza as unhealthy food. “You shouldn’t eat pizza, because carbs make you fat!” – said all the low carbers out there. Well let me bust that myth right here. The crust is not what makes you fat, it’s the cheese and meat that makes you fat! Luckily a vegan pizza doesn’t contain both of them, except if it is vegan cheese or meat. Now for this pizza we won’t be using those either. We are going to make a healthy, easy and cheap pizza that is going to taste just as good as any other pizza out there.
What you will need
- Pizza crust (Check the ingredients, no dairy or eggs!)
- Tomato sauce
- Vegetable toppings of your choice
- Pre-heated oven of around 220 degrees
I made a pizza with the vegetables I had laying around in my fridge, but you can use any kind you like. Just for convenience I will list all my ingredients:
- Pre-heat your oven around 220 degrees C. If the packaging from your pizza crust states otherwise follow those instructions.
- Cut all your vegetables into small pieces.
- Take your pizza crust out of its packaging and place it on top of a plate or any kind of surface that is stable.
- Top the pizza crust off with a desired amount of tomato sauce and spread evenly.
- Then you can start topping off the pizza with your favorite vegetables. Place generous amounts of vegetables on the pizza to make sure they won’t fall off.
- Sprinkel some pesto or other kind of spices of your liking (optional).
- Place the pizza in the oven for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it to prevent it from getting burned.
- When your pizza is done, cut into desirable pieces and enjoy!
Easy & Healthy Vegan Pizza Recipe Video